This may come as a surprise to some people, considering that some people use this plant for pies with strawberries. But the leaves can be quite toxic and it can lead to not being able to breath while causing a burning sensation of the mouth and throat. These symptoms usually become noticeable within an hour and can ultimately lead to severe convulsions, internal bleed and a coma or death.
Commonly found in Europe, Asia and Africa, this plant has lovely smelling flowers that contain berries that can be extremely poisonous. This is also a common plant used in different planters and baskets. Even a few of the small berries will cause burning feeling in the mouth and even a coma that can lead to a slow death.