These pictures speak for themselves, following are 16 of the worst products ever marketed. They are excerpted from the Ooops Design Awards which chooses the worst products designed every year, a testament to the fact that there are some weird things going on in the heads of certain designers.
1. Known as the “Chair ONE” and designed by Charlotte Kingsnorth, we affectionately call this piece the “Jabba the Hutt Chair”
2. This sofa, which could be known as the “Fuzzy Marshmellow” sofa or the “Cotton Candy” sofa is actually called the “Cipria sofa.” It was designed by Fernando and Humberto Campana.
3. Designed by Charlotte Dumoncel d’Argence, the “Vanitas lamp” more resembles a frayed cord than a designer lamp.
4. Meet the aptly named “Prickly chair,” a neon pink cactus chair which was designed by Valentina Gonzalez Wohlers.
5. With a name that sounds a bit too lofty for any piece of furniture, Nacho Carbonell’s “Evolution and Love chair” looks more like a broken cocoon than a piece of furniture.