Camels are usually found in the desert and are popularly known as helpers for those conquering the desert. Their habitat mainly is in the Arab countries and in Africa. What people don’t know is that there’s a lot more to this hump back creature than meets the eyes. Most people are aware that camels are in a dark brownish color and have humps on their back. There’s a lot more to learn and explore to camels and here are some interesting facts:
- Camels can sustain harsh weather conditions
- It can go for a number of days without any food and water because its hump can store food.
- They barely need a drink even in the winter, but when they do drink, they can intake about 200 liters per day.
- Camels can live up to 60 years.
- The camel’s hump is actually accumulated fat.
- Besides being low maintenance on food and water, they can carry up to 200 kg.
- Their sharp teeth help them with predator attack.